Aside from your favorite sunnies (see some suggestions here) and your favorite hat/visor (my fave here), there are 8 wardrobe essentials for this summer that will get you started for the season. All versatile pieces, these will not only work in many different outfits, but will transfer to other seasons.
1. a print top – to brighten up a neutral outfit or embellish a simple look
2. a shirt dress – add a belt to dress it up or to look more polished
3. an oversized boyfriend dress shirt – wear it casually with shorts or dress it up with a pencil skirt (great as a beach/pool cover-up too!)
4. a statement necklace – great to take a simple outfit from day to night!
5. a comfortable yet stylish sandal with a mid-heel – for when you need to do a lot of walking, but don’t want to look totally frumpy…
6. cool sneakers – because they’re cute, comfortable… and on-trend
7. relaxed jeans – roll up the cuff for a casual-chic look
8. a roomy tote – to carry layering options, your hat, and maybe a change of shoes
Have a great weekend!