Hi everyone! Hope you are well and staying healthy. I live in New York and my kids’ schools closed due to the COVID-19 virus almost 3 weeks ago, so we’ve had a little extra time to settle into our ‘stay-at-home’ routine. Even still, it’s a bizarre new reality that I sometimes forget when I wake up in the morning. Fortunately, we’ve been relatively healthy (knock on wood), so can’t complain. In fact, this ‘pause’ on life is exactly what I needed.
The last few years I’ve felt overwhelmed with expectations, obligations and everything else that goes with being an adult, raising kids and taking care of a home while trying to work. Add in the frenetic pace of NYC (which I love!), and my life felt like a spinning top falling out of its spin! For me, this has been an unusual opportunity to rest and refocus. For this I am truly grateful.
I know this is and/or will be a devastating time as well for many, but hopefully some good can come out of it as well. As long as you’re healthy, it’s a unique opportunity to hit that re-set button on life. I’ve been catching up on sleep, eating more healthy (ok… not all the time), and refocusing my priorities and mental health. Another upside, I’ve been able to finally get caught up on cleaning out the house and tackling all those little projects that have piled up over the years. This alone has brought a feeling a zen that would have been impossible just a few weeks/months ago.
So it goes without saying, that I’ve also been able to focus more on self-care. Included in this is skincare…
Best Hand and Body Lotions
Although we’re coming out of the cold winter months, all the extra anti-virus hand-washing calls for extra moisturizing lotion. Not just for hands, below are what I think are some of the best hand and body lotions to moisturize and hydrate. I have sensitive, break-out prone skin and these all work well for me.
- EmerginC Body Lotion (shown in top photo) – This body lotion contains vitaminC, hemp, avocado and argan oil. Initially received as a sample for review last summer, I immediately loved it. The texture feels like light, whipped butter. So luxurious! Love the way it soothes and hydrates my skin.
- CeraVe – Recommended by my dermatologist, this is a no-nonsense, great quality lotion available at drug-store prices.
- La Roche Posay Lipikar – Feels a little more moisturizing than CeraVe, especially love this on my hands and on drier days.
- La Roche Posay Lipikar AP+ – More intense moisturization, this one was recommended by my dermatologist to use on my face when my face is irritated from the use of retinols and other acne treatments. Like magic, it is so soothing and hydrating, and doesn’t make me breakout even though it feels so thick.
- Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Balm – My favorite brand for micellar water to remove makeup, I was introduced to this lotion at an event the brand hosted last fall. Love this body lotion especially on my hands. Very moisturizing and soothing!
In addition to lotions, I’ve also been using a moisturizing body wash more regularly. Since bar soap can be more drying, alternating a body wash helps to keep more of that moisture in. I received Olay Premium Body Wash as a sample to try during their launch party in January. Love it’s light scent and the softness it gives my skin.
Shop the post:
How are you doing? Have you been able to stay productive/positive?
Take care and cheers until next time! xo – J