It’s September, and it’s that time of year. Back to school? Well, yes. But it’s also time for NYFW (starts on the 8th)…yay! And with fashion week, comes several consecutive days of wearing high heels, for me at least. The right heels make almost any outfit look better so why not. Right?
I’m very selective with the shoes I wear and try to make sure that they are comfortable and of great quality regardless of price. But let’s be honest, even the most comfortable heels can become uncomfortable if you wear them long enough! So over many high heel wearing years, I’ve experimented with different foot care items to prevent or at least minimize the discomfort.
Below are some of my foot care essentials that I always keep in stock at home and that are often hiding in my shoes:
1. Heel liners like these which are a necessity if your foot has a skinny heel like mine or your shoe is too big.
2. Ball of foot cushions that prevent your feet from sliding forward (no pinched toes!) and provides that extra cushion needed for more comfort when the heels are extra high.
3. Another type of heel liner I like, because it works with any shoe color and is thinner in size.
4. Moleskin padding that you can cut/trim to the exact size needed to cover any strap, bump, etc. that’s poking into your skin.
5. Last but not least, patches containing menthol and caffeine to help relieve discomfort after a long day on your feet! I sometimes put these on my calves and on the bottom of my feet before I go to bed. It is so relaxing.
So whether you’re dressing for NYFW, a special event or just love wearing high heels, try these out if you haven’t already!
Shop the post for these foot care items as well as the shoes shown above (if available, I bought some of them a long time ago!):
ElleSeptember 4, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Great tips Josephina! Not just at fashion week, but really for any major dress-up event, or a long day from work to a networking evening.
josephinacollectionSeptember 12, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Thanks, Elle! Hope to see you during fashion week!
Alicia MackinSeptember 5, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Excellent advice and I bet it is just as good across the pond! Though I tend to stick to block heels.
Allie of ALLIENYC
josephinacollectionSeptember 12, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Thanks, Allie! I've been wearing a lot of block heels as well, but even they start to get uncomfortable after walking/standing for too long!